An internship with Florida Songwriters Association (FLSW) provides students with the opportunity to obtain real world experience at the not-for-profit songwriters trade organization. We have excellent opportunities for interns in our Membership, Marketing/Events, and Sponsorship departments. Our staff works closely together, allowing our interns to have a well-rounded internship experience.
Established in 2018, the membership spans the United States. For 5+ years, FLSW has been dedicated to protecting the rights and serving aspiring and professional songwriters in all genres of music.
All interested candidates must be enrolled in and eligible to receive COLLEGE CREDIT from an accredited college, educational institution, or university. A letter of proof must be submitted. Internships are unpaid and for academic credit only.
Out of state applications must indicate when you intend to be in Florida to do an internship. Travel and Housing are NOT provided by FLSW.
Candidates should possess:
- Interest in songwriting and the music industry
- Friendly and proactive communication (external & internal)
- High attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Initiative and follow-through
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge of design based software (i.e. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) is a plus, but not required
- Assist Member Reps with data entry and research
- Compile and process member mailings: membership cards and billing
- Special projects
- Assist in managing social media accounts and monitor data
- Research new media and marketing trends
- Research media contacts
- Draft press releases and E-News content
- Design marketing materials (flyers, posters, logos, etc)
- Assist with photographing and filming
- Research event trends and new event opportunities
- Assist in event planning and promotion for FLSW events (attend/assist at events as needed)
- Track sponsor appearances on social media pages and when they are mentioned on FLSW page
- Research website analytics and track attendee numbers at all FLSW events
- Research sponsorship opportunities
- Assist with creating sponsorship decks
- Assist with reviewing and fulfilling contractual elements
- Research promotional opportunities
- Assist with all sponsor events (attend/assist at events as needed)
Office hours: Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm
We will work around accredited college, educational institution, or university calendars and schedules. MWF or T/TH availability is ideal.
Questions: Please direct all internship questions and submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please list the information below within the email.
Department: Please list which department you are applying for.
– Membership Department
– Marketing/Events Department
– Sponsorship Department
(List all that apply)
List anything additional you want to share with us about yourself (online portfolio, blog, etc)