NOW HIRING: VISUAL PRODUCTION INTERN FOR 2019 – 2020
An internship with Florida Songwriters Association, Inc. (FLSW) provides students with the opportunity to obtain real world experience with Florida Songwriters Association 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit songwriters trade organization. We have excellent opportunities for interns in our Membership, Marketing/Events, and Sponsorship departments. Our staff works closely together, which will sometimes result in duties overlapping, allowing our interns to have a well-rounded internship experience, while still focusing on their niche interests.
All interested candidates must be enrolled in and eligible to receive COLLEGE CREDIT from an accredited college, educational institution, or university. A letter of proof must be submitted. Internships are unpaid and for academic credit only.
Out of state applications must indicate when you intend to be in the Florida area to do an internship. Travel and Housing are NOT provided by FLSW.
Candidates should possess:
- Interest in songwriting and the music industry
- Friendly and proactive communication (external & internal)
- High attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Initiative and follow-through
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge of design based software (i.e. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) is a plus, but not required
- Assist Member Reps with data entry and research
- Compile and process member mailings: membership cards and billing
- Special projects
- Assist in managing social media accounts and monitor data
- Research new media and marketing trends
- Research media contacts
- Draft press releases and E-News content
- Design marketing materials (flyers, posters, logos, etc)
- Assist with photographing and filming
- Research event trends and new event opportunities
- Assist in event planning and promotion for FLSW events (attend/assist at events as needed)
Office hours: Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm.
We will work around accredited college, educational institution, or university calendars and schedules. MWF or T/TH availability is ideal.
Please direct all internship questions to Christopher Bumann at firstname.lastname@example.org